The platform for initial granting of residence is now online
As of today Wednesday 16 November 2022, all the initial applications for residence permits are now submitted on the online platform of the Ministry of Immigration and Asylum.
This means that people who wish to apply for a residence permit for the first time, such as those of second generation or as a family member of a third country or Greek or EU citizen, must submit it online to the platform. In other words, the procedure has changed and they no longer need to make an appointment with the competent Immigration Service (greek abbreviation:DAM) for these cases. More details can be found in the relevant Government Gazette.
1) All supporting documents must be in pdf format one by one, in order to be uploaded and submitted on the platform. The supporting documents needed per type of residence permit are written in the instructions of the online platform.
2) Any interested person should submit to the platform their mobile phone number in order to confirm their identity and their email in order to receive the certification of submission online, after the application has been completed.
3) When the DAM or the Ministry service has completed the processing of the application, they will send by email an invitation for an appointment of biometric data (fingerprints) at their premises.
4) In case additional supporting documents are needed, the DAM will inform the third country nationals via email and these will be submitted again online through the platform.
Finally, two other services will be launched online in the coming period:
- From 12/12/2022: initial applications and renewals for the special certificate of legal residence
- From 16/01/2023: applications for re-issuance of residence permit due to loss