Information on the operation of the Immigration services during the new lockdown
During the new restrictive measures against the spread of the coronavirus (covid-19) that came into force on Saturday, November 7, 2020, the Immigration Services of the Decentralized Administrations as well as the Directorate of Immigration Policy of the Ministry of Μigration and Asylum, will be adjusting their operation according to instructions of the Ministry of Migration and Asylum (circular 2158/06.11.2020). During this period they will be open to the public only for emergencies and only after a scheduled appointment.
More specifically, the Immigration Services of Attica have announced, that from 18/11/2020 they will only serve the following cases:
- Scheduled appointments for the collection of ready residence permits.
- Scheduled appointments for the initial issuance of residence permits to those in Greece with an entry visa or three months free movement allowance in accordance with Schengen provisions.
- Scheduled appointments for submitting applications for the initial issuance or renewal of residence permits for investors and issuance/renewal of investor family members
- Scheduled appointments to receive rejection decisions.
- Scheduled appointments for the issuance of residence permits for minor children born in Greece
- Scheduled appointments for renewal of the residence permit of family members of a Greek or EU Citizen, if the submission of the application is urgent (either for health reasons or due to serious professional or other obligations of the applicant or the Greek / EU citizen)
- Scheduled residence permit renewal appointments for expired residence permits (with a submission restriction of one month after collection).
- Scheduled appointments for the renewal of the residence permit of the licenses that expired 1-19 / 07/2020 (those licenses that were not extended by the relevant Ministerial Decisions)
- Scheduled appointments for reissuance due to loss or theft.
Attention! Scheduled appointments for the renewal of residence permits will not take place, except for urgent cases such as for health reasons where travel abroad is required.
At present there is no information on the rescheduling of appointments that will not take place during the restrictive measures, for the issuance and appointments for the renewal of residence permits.
“Support was provided by HumanRights360 / Foundation Open Society Institute / Open Society Foundations”