Generation 2.0 for Rights, Equality & Diversity is a nonprofit organisation consisted of migrants and Greeks who work together to promote equal participation in a diverse society, through the empowerment of communities.
We combine action and research, aiming to promote human rights, equality and diversity, fight racism, xenophobia and discrimination in general. As an organization, we have over 10 years of experience in social action, sociological & legal research, project management and cultural events. We participate and cooperate with the largest human rights networks in Greece and Europe, claiming the rights of socially vulnerable groups, regardless of their origin, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
We are partners and official members of:
- The European Network Against Racism (ENAR), the only pan-European anti-racist network that combines advocacy for racial equality and facilitating cooperation among civil society anti-racist actors in Europe
- The Racist Violence Recording Network (RVRN), a big network of organizations with trained personnel which records racist violence incidents and drafts an annual report
- The Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants (PICUM), a network of individuals and organizations that fight for social equality and human rights of undocumented migrants
- The Anti-Defamation League (ADL), that fights antisemitism and all forms of bigotry, defending democratic ideals and protecting civil rights for all
- The National Working Group on Structured Youth Dialogue, which aims to encourage the active participation of young people in shaping European youth policy
The Generation 2.0 RED organization was founded when the Second Generation, which was operating as an informal group since 2006, and the Institute for Rights, Equality & Diversity (i-RED) joined forces in December 2013. So far we have completed campaigns that led to the right of Greek citizenship for the second generation, not only have we increased the services we provide daily for free, but we have participated in festivals and have organized our own events that promote human rights as well.