Instructions on movement during the new lockdown
*This text will be updated each time the measures are modified
From Saturday 07/11/2020 at 6 am, the whole country will enter a second lockdown to combat the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). The following measures are valid until 19 April, 2021 at 6:00 am:
The country is divided into “red” (high risk) and “deep red”(extremely high risk) areas.
- Movement only by sending an SMS to 13033 or by showing the relevant form of exceptional travel or by showing a handwritten note or by showing a certificate of employee / self-employed. It is not allowed to move between different counties.
- Mandatory use of mask indoors and outdoors
- In “deep red” areas: Closed will remain the preschools, elementary schools and gymnasiums and classes will be held through distance learning. High schools and special education schools will be open. Moreover, restaurants and cafes (only take away and delivery allowed), bars, gyms, theaters, cinemas and museums remain closed. Open will remain stores such as supermarkets, mini markets, bakeries, kiosks, pharmacies, open-air archaeological sites, hairdressers and beauty salons (by appointment).The retail stores will operate with “click away” and “click inside” only by appointment. Only for this movement it is necessary to send a blank sms to 13032 , which has a duration of 3 hours, can be sent once a day and allows the inter-municipal movement to a store.(The retail stores will remain closed in the regional unit Kozani and in the regional unit of Thessaloniki will operate only with”click away”). Services in churches will be performed without the presence of believers. Exceptionally, the Wednesday 14 of April, the Friday 16 of April, the Saturday 17 of April and the Sunday 18 of April in all religious places of every dogma and religion performance is allowed.
- In the “red” areas: Closed will remain preschools, elementary schools and gymnasiums and classes will be held through distance learning. High schools and special education schools will be open. Will remain closed restaurants and cafes (only takeaway and delivery allowed), bars, gyms, theaters, cinemas, museums. Open will remain stores such as supermarkets, mini markets, kiosks, pharmacies, bakeries, open-air archaeological sites, hairdressers, beauty salons (by appointment). The retail stores will operate with “click away” and “click inside”. The churches will perform services with a maximum of 9 people.Exceptionally, the Wednesday 14 of April, the Friday 16 of April, the Saturday 17 of April and the Sunday 18 of April in all religious places of every dogma and religion performance is allowed.
Here you can see what are the “red” and “deep red” areas of the country.
*Attention: Movement is prohibited throughout the country from 21:00 to 5:00.
During the traffic ban, movement is allowed only for work, health and walking your pet reasons near everyone’s house. Movement during these hours will be done by sending an SMS (handwritten note is not valid) or by using the relevant certificate if it is for job reasons.
Below are instructions on how to travel:
Movement is allowed only by sending an SMS to 13033 or by filling in the exceptional travel form (available at forma.gov.gr) or by handwritten note or by a certificate of employee / self-employed from ERGANI (available at https://eservices.yeka.gr/) from 05:00 in the morning until 21:00 in the evening, for the following reasons only:
- Travel to and from work during working hours [Only with relevant form from the employer for employees who work in person]
- Travel for students [only with relevant form]
- To visit a pharmacy or a doctor (if this has been recommended) [code 1]
- Going to a supermarket, mini market or other open stores with food and basic necessities (when the delivery of products to your home is not possible) at a distance of up to 2 kilometers from the house [code 2]
- To go to the bank (if online transaction is not possible). The bank must be at a distance of up to two kilometers from the house [code 3]
- In order to help people in need, further clarifications may be requested during the inspection [code 4]
- Attending a funeral service or necessary movement of divorced or separated parents to ensure the communication with their children [code 5]
- For outdoor physical exercise or to walk your pet, for going to an open-air archaeological site or for fishing in your municipality only on foot or by bike (individually or in pairs, maintaining a distance of 1.5 meters apart). Exception: On the weekends, inter-municipal movement is allowed by car (up to 3 passengers or family members) for physical exercise outdoors. [code 6]
To send an SMS
You can send an SMS to 13033 from your mobile phone free of charge. The SMS should be in the form:
X (space) full name and home address
where X is the reason for movement with the number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 corresponding to the reason. You will receive the following answer to your text message: Movement space X space full name and home address.
For a handwritten form you can also write on a blank piece of paper:
- First name / Last name
- Home Address
- Reason for travel (as mentioned in the above permitted categories) and destination address
- Date, time, signature
For moving to and from your workplace one of the following certificates is required: Date, time, signature (forms are in Geek): (ATTENTION *: From 15/02/2021 ONLY the new travel forms are valid):
Either Certificate (type A).
Either Movement Certificate of Employee / Self-Employed from ERGANI available at: https://eservices.yeka.gr/
- The employee’s certificate must state that the employee is not on work suspension.
- The self-employed must also have a printed file from TAXISNET with tax data of natural person and business activity or their corresponding electronic display.
For travel for students:
Visit forma.gov.gr for the file in word
For each movement you must have with you your ID or passport along with a completed form (printed or handwritten) or a confirmation SMS ready to provide in case of a check.
Visit forma.gov.gr for detailed instructions as well as all forms and certificates
“Support was provided by HumanRights360 / Foundation Open Society Institute / Open Society Foundations”