Meet the team
Advocacy & Legal Counselling
Nikos-Deji Odubitan – Founder & Managing Director
Nikos-Deji was born in Athens to Nigerian immigrant parents. He studied Medical Engineering and currently European Civilization at the Hellenic Open University. Nikos has a long experience as a human rights activist on migration policies, legislation, consultancy, advocacy, and a deep knowledge of migration and second generation issues in Greece. He is on a mission to secure the rights of the otherwise invisible generation of children born and/or raised in Greece from migrant backgrounds and equal participation.
Believing in the importance of youth agency, this mission has now grown into a collective of young people working towards a better present and future for all.
Sotiria Chira – Advocacy & Legal Coordinator
Sotiria studied Law at the University of Athens and holds an LL.M. in Human Rights from the University of Strasbourg. She strongly believes that fighting for rights is the only way to lead our world one step closer to equality and social justice.
Antigoni Anomeriti – Paralegal
Antigoni studied International and European Relations at the University of Piraeus and has done an internship at the Immigration Institute of the University of Granada in Spain. She believes that solidarity and rebellion pave the way for the defense of human rights.
Katerina Kapnisi – Career Counsellor | Coordinator
Katerina studied Philosophy-Pedagogy-Psychology and got a Master’s Degree in Counselling and Career Guidance from the University of Athens. She is convinced that knowledge is power and aims at supporting individuals so they can be independent and in control of their own lives.
We are hiring: Employability Officer
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT LENGTH: Full-time 8-month fixed term contract with possibility of extension
ABOUT GENERATION 2.0 RED
Generation 2.0 for Rights, Equality & Diversity is a non-profit organisation consisted of people with different origins who work together to promote equal participation in a diverse society, through the empowerment of communities.
We combine action and research, aiming to promote human rights, equality and diversity, fight racism, xenophobia and discrimination in general. As an organisation, we possess over 15 years of experience in social action, sociological & legal research, project management and cultural events. We participate and cooperate with the largest human rights networks in Greece and Europe, claiming the rights of socially vulnerable groups, regardless of their origin, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
At Generation 2.0 RED, we believe very much in the career-related empowerment that comes through skills development and knowledge on Greek labour market & work culture and as well through the awareness of one’s own labor rights. In order to be in position of providing high-standard services to people who are in search of a new career path in Greece and who are also of a migrant background, we are currently seeking a talented Employability Officer to join the team and contribute to the goals and vision of the department but also to that of the organisation.
The role is a mix of individual counselling in Greek, English & French, of trainings’ facilitation (taking place at 3 service provision points – 2 in Athens & in Korinthos*) & all different activities that consistute the service and help us support in a holistic way the people coming to us.
If you are passionate about intercultural communication, and your vision is a diverse society with equal opportunities for everyone; if your greatest strengths are your interpersonal skills and your empathy, with focus on vulnerable populations, and if, as well, you take pride in your problem-solving and organisational skills, then come and join our diverse team!
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment, where new and innovative ideas are welcomed and attention to detail and quality work is highly appreciated. The role demands excellent language skills, relevant work experience in the humanitarian field and in Employability services provision, very good organisational skills and a team-spirit mentality.
- Provide individual career counselling and guidance sessions to people of migrant or refugee background, adults and adolescents, with respect to the values of the organisation and in accordance to needs of the programme
- Facilitate and conduct job readiness trainings
- Provide proper information provision with focus on beneficiaries empowerment.
- Keep up-to-date with other services provision (accommodation, health, legal aid etc.), job or educational opportunities as well as changes in labour legislation to share accordingly to beneficiaries and refer if needed
- Support the Diversity Network Officer of the organisation in job matching requirements under the context of the Diversity in the Workplace Network
- Browse, gather and edit recent and relevant job announcements for the weekly Job Adverts bulletin
- Interact and collaborate smoothly with the team of professionals and volunteers to facilitate efficient service provision
- Serve as a liaison with other formal educational institutes, public services or other service providers
- Support the development and sustainability of the cooperation between the partners involved in the project
- Ensure proper project reporting according to the Monitoring & Evaluation plan
You will possess:
- A Master’s Degree in Career Counselling & Guidance and/or a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology/Human Resources with specialisation/training in Career Counselling
- At least 2 years work experience as an Employability Officer, Career Counsellor, Therapist, HR Officer
- Past experience working with asylum seekers/immigrants (will be highly appreciated)
- Advanced command of spoken and written French (is a must)
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Greek is a must
- Knowledge about the labour market, trends, labor rights and recruitment procedures in Greece
- Good command of Microsoft Office and familiarity with chat platforms
- Availability to work in multiple locations during the week.
You will demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills with respect to different cultures
- A positive approach and empathy
- Excellent organisational skills and time-management skills
- Very good facilitation and mentoring skills
- Team management skills
- Good research and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and result-orientation
- Commitment to constant improvement of quality of service
- Adaptability and good problem-solving skills in challenging and tricky situations
- Excellent team-working skills in diverse environments
- High professional ethics and confidentiality
*Transportation to Korinthos service point will take place once/week and the cost will be covered
Please send your CV and a motivational letter at [email protected] with the indication “Vacancy: Employability Officer” until 13/06/2023.
The CVs will be assessed by G2RED with absolute confidentiality and regardless of your origin, religion, ethnicity or any other characteristics, as always.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on the progress of their application.
Ismini Karydopoulou – Program Director
Ismini holds a degree in Political Science & Public Administration (University of Athens), an MD in Political Sociology (Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne) and certifications of Pedagogy and Human Rights Education. Participation, action and the small or big social changes that those can bring, are of her interest in both, theory and practice.
Maria-Sofia Anegronou – Office Coordinator
Maria-Sofia studied Sociology with the aim to get a basis for better understanding and involvement in society. She recognizes human rights as the biological evolution of man. By participating in Generation 2.0 RED, she hopes to make a positive impact on the lives of some people.
Konstantinos Laskaridis – Finance Officer
Konstantinos holds a bachelor in business administration and continues with studies in statistics. He believes in elimination of discriminations and in the awareness that every action should be directed to the harmonious coexistence between humanity and environment.
Athena Christopoulou – Communications Officer
Athena studied at the Department of Communication, Media and Culture of Panteio University and then she did a master’s degree in Contemporary Journalism Studies at the EAP. She worked for years for the Press, because growing up she thought the world can be changed by publishing the “truth”. Now she’s here, because she’s grown up and realized that the world can be changed by creating the “truth”.