Information on the Emergency Financial Aid of 800€ and Rent Reduction
In the wake of the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs announced an emergency financial aid of 800€ to cover 45 days, with the intention of offering support to businesses, employees and laid-off staff.
Employers and employees are entitled to this emergency economic assistance under the following conditions:
- A state order operation ban on the business is in place , or the business has suffered serious financial damage, according to the official Register issued by the Ministry of Finance (indicating affected industries due to the coronavirus pandemic) resulting in the “freezing” of employees’ contracts.
- Employees are working for a business which closed operations by order of the Greek government or a business sustaining serious financial damage due to the COVID-19 pandemic, resulting in the suspension of employees’ contracts.
- Recipients of the emergency aid are also the employees whose employment contract ended from March 1st 2020 to 20th March 2020, by decision of their employers or by their own voluntary departure.
STEPS TO TAKE IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE FINANCIAL AID:
1.The employer must first submit a digital solemn declaration into the system ERGANI. Once submitted, they will receive a reference number, which they must then give to their employee in written form or electronically, as the employee will need it to submit their own application.
2.The employee must login to the platform supportemployees.yeka.gr from 01/04/2020 to 10/04/2020 (first round of applications). For those that do not manage to submit their application by 10/04/2020 or their contract was suspended afterwards there are still two other rounds of submissions. From 11/04/2020 to 20/04/2020 (second round) and from 21/04/2020 to 30/04/2020 (third round).
They then type in their TAXIS codes →AUTHORISATION→SOLEMN DECLARATION:
Then, they select « Solemn Declaration of Employees of dependent employment in Businesses – Employers, the operational activity of which either had been suspended under State order, or has suffered financial damage, according to the Registry announced by the Ministry of Finance due to the measures against the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19, for the grant of emergency financial support as compensation of specific purpose».
Then, they submit their personal information based on the last digit of their tax number. The solemn declaration can be submitted from 1/4/2020 to 30/4/2020 as follows:
- 01/04/2020, 11/04/2020, 21/04/2020 if their tax number ends in 1,
- 02/04/2020, 12/04/2020, 22/04/2020 if their tax number ends in 2,
- 03/04/2020, 13/04/2020, 23/04/2020 if their tax number ends in 3,
- 04/04/2020, 14/04/2020, 24/04/2020 if their tax number ends in 4,
- 05/04/2020, 15/04/2020, 25/04/2020 if their tax number ends in 5,
- 06/04/2020, 16/04/2020, 26/04/2020 if their tax number ends in 6,
- 07/04/2020, 17/04/2020, 27/04/2020 if their tax number ends in 7,
- 08/04/2020, 18/04/2020, 28/04/2020 if their tax number ends in 8,
- 09/04/2020, 19/04/2020, 29/04/2020 if their tax number ends in 9 and
- 10/04/2020, 20/04/2020,30/04/2020 if their tax number ends in 0.
For the businesses that have incurred financial damage (not having been closed) due to COVID-19 the declarations can be submitted to ERGANI until 30/04/2020.
If the business has not been declared in ERGANI, the employee cannot receive the compensation of 800€.
- If a person is employed in two businesses, i.e they hold two employment contracts, and both of them have been suspended, they must choose the business from which they will be granted the compensation.
- The businesses which are closed for as long as the measures are in place are prohibited from firing their employees by terminating their contracts in an effort to decrease their staff In the event that this happens the termination is not valid. .
- Employees of businesses which have closed, continue to have full social security for the period they are not working.
- Employees fired from 1/03/2020-20/03/2020 are entitled to the financial support irrespective of whether they are entitled to or already receive unemployment benefits.
In order to receive a 40% reduction of their rents, employees must submit an online application on the same platform as that of the financial aid of 800€ (supportemployees.yeka.gr).
The rent reduction is only valid for March and April.
For the businesses which have “suspended” their employee contracts due to financial damage caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, there is no rent reduction.