Residence permit renewal appointments have begun for permits with expiration date from 1/7/2020 to 19/7/2020
As part of their reopening to the public after their closure as a precautionary measure against the spread of the coronavirus (covid-19), the Immigration Services of the Decentralized Administrations of Attica have begun accepting applications for the renewal of residence permits with expiration date from 1/7/2020 until 19/7/2020.
Below you will find information on how to book an appointment for renewal at the Immigration services of Attica for the next period, as per their official announcements. This article will be updated every time a new announcement is published.
- The services will not respond to messages that do not exclusively concern residence permits with expiration date in the period from 1/7/2020 to 19/7/2020.
- In the email for the appointment you must mention your full name, passport number and the expiration date of your residence permit.
Immigration Directorate of Athens A
To book an appointment to renew your residence permit you will need to send an email to: d[email protected]
Immigration Directorate of Central and Western Attica
To book an appointment to renew your residence permit you will need to send an email to [email protected] from 15/07/2020 up until 31/07/2020.
Immigration Directorate of Northern & Eastern Attica
To book an appointment to renew your residence permit you will need to send an email to: [email protected]
For the renewal of residence permit application certificates (blue and special certificates) with expiration date between 1/7/2020 until 19/7/2020 holders can go to the service in the following order:
- On the 13/7 for certificates with expiration date from 1 until 3 July
- On the 14/7 for certificates with expiration date from 4 until 6 July
- On the 15/7 for certificates with expiration date from 7 until 9 July
- On the 16/7 for certificates with expiration date on 10 July
- On the 20/7 for certificates with expiration date from 11 until 13 July
- On the 21/7 for certificates with expiration date from 14 until 16 July
- On the 22/7 for certificates with expiration date from 17 until 19 July
For the renewal of the application certificates you will need to have the following documents with you:
- Passport and photocopy of the first page of your passport
- The expired certificate
- A recent colored photo
- If you have recently changed your passport you must bring both the old and the new passport
- If you would like another person to represent you, authorization is only allowed to a spouse, an adult child or a lawyer (with a signature of authenticity from a public office e.g. KEP).
For more information you may visit the websites of the Decentralized Administrations where announcements from the Immigration Services of each region are posted (in Greek):
- Decentralized Administration of the Aegean
- Decentralized Administration of Attica
- Decentralized Administration of Epirus and Western Macedonia
- Decentralized Administration of Thessaly and Central Greece
- Decentralized Administration of Crete
- Decentralized Administration of the Peloponnese and Western Greece
Support was provided by HumanRights360 / Foundation Open Society Institute / Open Society Foundations