Job Announcement |Part-time (4 hours/day) Farsi/Dari-speaking Interpreter/Cultural Mediator
ORGANISATION: GENERATION 2.0 RED
JOB VACANCY: Part-Time (4 hours/day) Farsi-speaking Interpreter/Cultural Mediator
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT LENGTH: 6-month fixed term contract with possibility of extension
ABOUT GENERATION 2.0 RED
Generation 2.0 for Rights, Equality & Diversity is a nonprofit organisation consisted of people with different origins who work together to promote equal participation in a diverse society, through the empowerment of communities.
We combine action and research, aiming to promote human rights, equality and diversity, fight racism, xenophobia and discrimination in general. As an organization, we have over 10 years of experience in social action, sociological & legal research, project management and cultural events. We participate and cooperate with the largest human rights networks in Greece and Europe, claiming the rights of socially vulnerable groups, regardless of their origin, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
Generation 2.0 RED is looking for a Farsi/English-speaking Interpreter/Cultural Mediator who will provide interpretation and translation services from Farsi to English and vice versa. The selected interpreter will work closely with the Career Counselling department in individual and group counselling sessions.
Apply if you have:
- Fluency in Farsi/Dari in written and spoken
- High school diploma (Greece/country of origin)
- Fluency in English in written and spoken – command of Greek would be an asset
- 1 year of previous experience in relevant position (it will be highly appreciated)
- Cross-cultural awareness and willingness to learn
- Good command of MS Word and Excel and familiarity with online meeting platforms
- Very good time management and organizational skills
- Team spirit, a positive and a can-do attitude
- Very good interpersonal & communications skills
- Attention to detail and results-orientation
- Ability to work under little supervision and ensure that procedures of the department and the organisation are followed
- Confidentiality and compliance to the organisation’s Code of Conduct
If you want to join our diverse team, please send your CV and a motivational letter at [email protected] with the indication “Farsi Interpreter/Cultural Mediator” until 12/11/2020.
All applications will be assessed by G2RED regardless of your origin, religion, ethnicity or any other characteristics, as always.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.