Job Announcement | French-speaking Employability Officer
ORGANISATION: GENERATION 2.0 RED
JOB VACANCY: Employability Officer
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT LENGTH: 6-month fixed term contract with possibility of extension
ABOUT GENERATION 2.0 RED
Generation 2.0 for Rights, Equality & Diversity is a nonprofit organisation consisted of people with different origins who work together to promote equal participation in a diverse society, through the empowerment of communities.
We combine action and research, aiming to promote human rights, equality and diversity, fight racism, xenophobia and discrimination in general. As an organization, we have over 10 years of experience in social action, sociological & legal research, project management and cultural events. We participate and cooperate with the largest human rights networks in Greece and Europe, claiming the rights of socially vulnerable groups, regardless of their origin, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
At Generation 2.0 RED, we believe very much in the career-related empowerment that comes through skills development and knowledge on Greek labor market & work culture and as well through the awareness of one’s own labor rights. In order to be in position of providing high-standard services to people who are in search of a new career path in Greece and who are also of a migrant background, we are currently seeking a talented Career Counsellor to join the team and contribute to the goals and vision of the department but also to that of the organisation.
The role is a mix of individual counselling in Greek, English & French, of trainings’ facilitation (taking place online and with physical presence, when circumstances allow) & all different activities that consistute the service and help us support in a holistic way the people coming to us.
If you are passionate about intercultural communication, and your vision is a diverse society with equal opportunities for everyone; if your greatest strength is your interpersonal skills and your empathy, with focus on vulnerable populations, and if, as well, you take pride in your problem-solving and organisational skills, then come and join our diverse team!
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment, where new and innovative ideas are welcomed and attention to detail and quality work is highly appreciated. The role demands excellent language skills, relevant work experience in the humanitarian field and in Employability services provision, very good organisational skills and a team-spirit mentality.
- Provide individual career counselling and guidance sessions to people of migrant or refugee background, adults and minors, with respect to the values of the organisation and in accordance to the service’s plan
- Provide the grounds for beneficiaries towards empowerment with focus on personal responsibility and at the same time on encouragement and proper information provision
- Ensure that interventions and impact are documented properly for reporting purposes, following the M&E plan
- Serve as a liaison with formal educational institutes, public services or other service providers, if needed
- Facilitate and conduct job readiness and soft skills trainings and workshops
- Browse and edit recent and relevant job announcements for the weekly Job Adverts bulletin
- Support the Diversity in the Workplace Network in disseminating relevant information to beneficiaries
- Be aware of other services provision (accommodation, health, legal aid etc.) offered and share accordingly to beneficiaries
- Stay up-to-date with job or educational opportunities or changes in labor legislation
- Be creative with projects’ and ideas’ generation for further development of the service
You will possess:
- A Master’s Degree in Career Counselling and/or a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology/Human Resources with specialization/training in Career Counselling
- At least 2 years work experience as a Career Counsellor, Therapist, HR Officer; work experience with populations of diverse cultural backgrounds will be highly appreciated
- Advanced command of spoken and written French
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Greek
- Knowledge about labor market, trends, labor rights and recruitment procedures in Greece
- Good command of Microsoft Office and familiarity with social media and other applications used for telesessions
- High professional ethics and confidentiality
You will demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills with respect to different cultures
- A positive approach and empathy
- Excellent organisational skills and time-management skills
- Very good presentation and mentoring skills
- Good research and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and result-orientation
- Commitment to constant improvement of quality of service
- Adaptability and good problem-solving skills in challenging and tricky situations
- Excellent team-working skills in a diverse environment
Please send an updated CV and a motivational letter at [email protected] with the indication “Vacancy: Employability Officer” until 14/02/2021.
The CVs will be assessed by G2RED regardless of your origin, religion, ethnicity or any other characteristics, as always. Only short-listed candidates will be informed in terms of the outcome of job interviews.