Job Announcement | Bangla-Speaking Interpreter-Cultural Mediator (Part-Time)
ORGANISATION: Generation 2.0 for Rights, Equality & Diversity
JOB VACANCY: Part-Time Bangla-speaking Interpreter-Cultural Mediator
START DATE: ASAP
WORK SCHEDULE: 8 hours per week approx.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 5-month fixed term contract with possibility of extension
ABOUT GENERATION 2.0 RED
Generation 2.0 for Rights, Equality & Diversity is a nonprofit organisation consisted of people with different origins who work together to promote equal participation in a diverse society, through the empowerment of communities.
We combine action and research, aiming to promote human rights, equality and diversity, fight racism, xenophobia and discrimination in general. As an organization, we have over 10 years of experience in social action, sociological & legal research, project management and cultural events. We participate and cooperate with the largest human rights networks in Greece and Europe, claiming the rights of socially vulnerable groups, regardless of their origin, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
Generation 2.0 RED is looking for an Bangla-speaking Interpreter-Cultural Mediator who will provide interpretation services from Bangla to Greek or English and vice versa. The selected interpreter will work closely mainly with the Legal Counselling department, but also with the Career Counseling department.
Apply if you have:
- Fluency in Bangla in written and spoken
- Fluency in Greek OR English (in written and spoken)
- Residence and work permit in Greece
- 1 year of previous experience in relevant position
- Availability for business trips away from Athens
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility
- Good command of MS Word and Excel and familiarity with social media
- Very good time management and organizational skills
- Team spirit and a positive and a can-do attitude
- Very good interpersonal & communications skills
- Attention to detail
If you want to join our diverse team, please send your CV and a motivational letter at [email protected] until 04/08 with the indication “Bangla Interpreter-Cultural Mediator”.
All applications will be assessed by G2RED regardless of your origin, religion, ethnicity or any other characteristics, as always.