Job Opening at Generation 2.0 RED: Advocacy Officer
ORGANISATION: Generation 2.0 for Rights, Equality & Diversity
JOB VACANCY: Advocacy Officer
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT LENGTH: 6-month fixed term contract with possibility of extension
About GENERATION 2.0 RED
Generation 2.0 for Rights, Equality & Diversity is a nonprofit organisation consisted of people with different origins who work together to promote equal participation in a diverse society, through the empowerment of communities.
We combine action and research, aiming to promote human rights, equality and diversity, fight racism, xenophobia and discrimination in general. As an organization, we have over 10 years of experience in social action, sociological & legal research, project management and cultural events. We participate and cooperate with the largest human rights networks in Greece and Europe, claiming the rights of socially vulnerable groups, regardless of their origin, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
The main objective of this position is the implementation of a rights-based advocacy strategy in Greece, as set out by the organisation. With a focus on the inclusion of third country nationals in Greece, we work on the following areas: citizenship, immigration law, equal treatment and racism (daily and institutional). The position is located in Athens with a possibility of frequent trips.
DUTIES | RESPONSIBILITIES
- Systematic monitoring and documenting of policies, laws and developments in migration, citizenship and inclusion of immigrants and refugees in Greece
- Analysis and simplification of relevant legal information
- Mapping of relevant services, authorities, institutions
- Drafting policy positions, policy papers and press releases
- Supporting the development and coordination of advocacy-based initiatives (conferences, campaigns and publications, etc.)
- Communicating with relevant policy makers and stakeholders, when and where required
- Supporting project applications and final reports
- Networking and communicating with immigrant and refugee communities active in Greece
- Monitoring media and social media
- Participating in NGO coordination networks
- Alliance building
- Reporting on a weekly basis to the Managing Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities/Politics/Social Science /Law is needed
- Proficient Greek and English language skills in writing and orally
- Very good command of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a relevant position
- Post-graduate studies will be taken into consideration
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Excellent social skills (interaction with different audiences)
- Presentation skills
- Ability to write and comprehend complex texts
- Research and analytical skills
- Strong networking skills
- Time-management skills and capacity to work within tight deadlines
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Team spirit and ability to work with people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Flexibility, adaptability and determination to finding solutions
- Very good time management and organizational skills
- Very good understanding and knowledge of issues in the area of the inclusion of third country nationals in Greece
- Any previous participation in relevant activities and campaigns as well as active participation in immigrant communities, associations and organisations will be appreciated
Please send your CV and a motivation letter at [email protected] with the indication “Vacancy: Advocacy Officer” until 01/01/2024.
The CVs will be assessed by G2RED regardless of your origin, religion, ethnicity or any other characteristics, as always.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on the results of the job interview procedure.