Job Announcement | Private Sector Partnerships Officer
ORGANISATION: Generation 2.0 RED
JOB VACANCY: Private Sector Partnerships Officer
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT LENGTH: 5-month fixed term contract with possibility of extension
ABOUT GENERATION 2.0 RED
Generation 2.0 for Rights, Equality & Diversity is a nonprofit organisation consisted of people with different origins who work together to promote equal participation in a diverse society, through the empowerment of communities.
We combine action and research, aiming to promote human rights, equality and diversity, fight racism, xenophobia and discrimination in general. As an organization, we have over 10 years of experience in social action, sociological & legal research, project management and cultural events. We participate and cooperate with the largest human rights networks in Greece and Europe, claiming the rights of socially vulnerable groups, regardless of their origin, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
With one of our goals being the inclusion of migrants and refugees into the Greek society and the labor market, we have been creating for the last couple of years a network of private sector actors, the Diversity in the Workplace Network, whose participant companies and organisations actively support equal opportunities at work and combat discrimination. For that reason, we are currently seeking a dynamic and self-motivated Private Sector Partnerships Officer to contribute to the vision of an equal access to labor market for all.
This multifaceted role is a mix of awareness raising to private sector actors along with organising activities for the promotion of the Network and facilitation of staff trainings.
If you have a passion for communication and you desire to bring about a change in the Greek labor market; if your greatest strengths are your presentation and negotiation skills and you also take pride in your organisational skills, then come and join our diverse team, where initiative is encouraged, and new ideas are welcomed.
DUTIES | RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help develop a communication strategy for the purposes of the Network’s maintenance and expansion in collaboration with the Communications Officer
- Conduct market analysis and be up-to-date with labor market trends
- Familiarise and engage private sector actors with the Network’s activities based on a Communications approach
- Raise awareness through campaigns and carry out activities for the promotion of the Network
- Provide information and support to companies regarding recruitment and the work rights of refugees and migrants as well as on employment retention
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with employers and do post‑placement follow‑up
- Organise and provide trainings on diversity topics to small or large groups of people to increase their awareness of refugee-specific and migration issues and skills
- Organise events to facilitate the effectiveness of the Network
- Participate in job fairs, Career Days and other hiring events or events related to education
- Collaborate closely and effectively with the career counselling department
- Report to the Coordinator of the program on a regular basis and prepare monthly reports
- Travel in Greece if required
- Academic background in Sales, Marketing, Public Relations/Communication or in Human Resources Management
- Work experience of at least 2years in a corporate environment. Work experience or volunteering experience in the humanitarian field with populations of migrant background will be an asset.
- Basic knowledge on migration-related matters
- Basic Knowledge of labor laws, regulations and policies
- Fluent Greek and English in written and in spoken
- Very good command of MS Office tools
- Familiarity with Linkedin and other social media
- WordPress skills will be an asset
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Very good presentation skills
- A positive and can-do attitude and a team-spirit mentality
- Attention and intuition on employers’ needs and inspired guesses for suitable solutions
- Very good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work under little supervision
*You may find more information on the “Diversity in the Workplace” Network on the link
Please send your CV and a motivational letter at [email protected] with the indication “Vacancy: Private Sector Partnerships Officer” until 12/06/2019.
The CVs will be assessed by G2RED regardless of your origin, religion, ethnicity or any other characteristics, as always.