Job Announcement | Fundraising Officer Needed
6th March, 2018
ORGANISATION: Generation 2.0 for Rights, Equality & Diversity (G2RED)
JOB VACANCY: Fundraising Officer
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT LENGTH: 2-month fixed term contract with possibility of extension until December 2018
ABOUT GENERATION 2.0 RED
Generation 2.0 for Rights, Equality & Diversity is a nonprofit organisation consisted of people with different origins who work together to promote equal participation in a diverse society, through the empowerment of communities.
Combining action and research, G2RED aims to promote human rights, equality and diversity, fight racism, xenophobia and discrimination in general. The organization has over 10 years of experience in social action, sociological & legal research, project management and cultural events, while also participating and cooperating with the largest human rights networks in Greece and Europe, claiming the rights of socially vulnerable groups, regardless of their origin, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Fundraising Officer is going to be responsible for several aspects of the organisation’s fundraising efforts and liaison with private sector actors, like enterprises, organisations, foundations, unions etc.
In particular, the Fundraising Officer will:
- Plan and oversee campaigns and events related to company outreach and fundraising
- Build and maintain lasting collaborations with private sector actors by understanding their needs and concerns, while also communicating and sharing the values and vision of the organisation
- Develop a network of companies and organisations that actively promotes diversity
- Explore and identify opportunities in the labor market and contact potential partners and donors presenting the action of G2RED
- Represent G2RED at meetings with external partners, job fairs, conferences, etc.
- Maintain records of partners information for future use
- Monitor and evaluate the success of events organised with partners
- BA/BS degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communication, Marketing, Business or any other relevant field
- Minimum two years of professional experience in Fundraising, Marketing/PR or Communication, ideally in the humanitarian field
- Knowledge about fundraising and corporate social responsibility, as well as job market trends
- Strong communication skills in English
- Fluency in Greek is mandatory
SKILLS & QUALITIES
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiar with humanitarian action and human rights promotion
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Responsible and result-oriented
- Flexible and easy to adapt in changing demands
- Excellent team-work skills in a multicultural environment
- Multitasking ability
Please send your CV and a motivational letter at [email protected] with the indication “Vacancy: Fundraising Officer” until 12/03/2018. The CVs will be assessed by G2RED regardless your origin, religion, ethnicity or any other characteristics, as always.