Job Announcement | Communications Officer
ORGANISATION: GENERATION 2.0 RED
JOB VACANCY: Full time (8 hours/day)
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT LENGTH: 6-month fixed term contract with possibility of extension
ABOUT GENERATION 2.0 RED
Generation 2.0 for Rights, Equality & Diversity is a nonprofit organization consisted of people with different origins who work together to promote equal participation in a diverse society, through the empowerment of communities. We combine action and research, aiming to promote human rights, equality and diversity, fight racism, xenophobia and discrimination in general. As an organization, we have over 10 years of experience in social action, sociological & legal research, project management and cultural events. We participate and cooperate with the largest human rights networks in Greece and Europe, claiming the rights of socially vulnerable groups, regardless of their origin, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
Generation 2.0 RED is looking for a Communications Officer who will have the overall management of the organization’s communication channels, will be responsible for designing a strategy for the promotion of the organization as well as the impact of the project. The selected Communications Officer will work closely with all departments.
- Collaboration with the administration to develop and implement an effective communication strategy based on the target audience.
- Cooperation with all departments and adaptation of the communication strategy to the needs of each department
- Preservation and evolution of the identity of the organisation
- Wider dissemination of the organization’s activities
- Ensure appropriate web traffic to communication channels and improve their performance
- Management of social media and websites
- Supervision of all internal and external communications, ensuring that messages are consistent and attractive
- Email Marketing
- Create newsletter on a monthly basis
- Content creation and editing (information texts, press releases, reports, speeches, etc.)
- Creating communication material (photos, banners)
- Collaboration with external partners to create or maintain-development of communication material
- Alternative means of communication of the vision of the organisation
- Planning and implementation of campaigns in cooperation with each department
- Events organisation
- Representation of the organisation
- Communication with Greek and international media to promote actions
- Managing media requests for information and interviews
- Maintenance of media database
- Keeping a record of media reports in the organisation
- Define and monitor key performance indicators and metrics for each communication channel that will indicate the level of success and the creation of monthly reports
Apply if you have:
- Excellent command of Greek and English (production of written and oral speech)
- Degree in Communications, Journalism or other relevant field.
- At least 2 years of previous professional experience in a similar position
- Good command of Microsoft Office, Content Management Systems (CMS) and social media platforms. Knowledge of the use of multimedia and digital tools is an asset
- Very good time management and organisational skills
- Very good skills in organising tasks
- Teamwork and positive mood
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills and a desire to learn
- Attention to detail and orientation to result
- Ability to work with minimal supervision based on organisation procedures
- Capacity for initiative
- Confidentiality and implementation of the organisation’s Rules of Procedure
If you want to join our team, please send your CV and a motivational letter at [email protected] until 20/05/2022 with the indication “Job Position: Communications Officer”.
All applications will be assessed by G2RED regardless of your origin, religion, ethnicity or any other characteristics, as always.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.