Job Announcement | Social Worker Needed!
ORGANIZATION: GENERATION 2.0 RED
JOB VACANCY: Social Worker
START DATE: 01/03/2017
ABOUT GENERATION 2.0
Generation 2.0 for Rights, Equality & Diversity (Generation 2.0 RED) is a nonprofit organization consisted of young people who fight for the rights of socially vulnerable groups, regardless of their origin, ethnicity, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
We combine social action and research, aiming to promote human rights, equality and diversity, fight racism, xenophobia and discrimination. Our organization has experience on social action, sociological and legal research, project management and cultural events. We participate and collaborate with the biggest human rights networks not only in Greece but also in Europe, always aiming to the equal participation of young people in the social and political life of the country they live in.
ABOUT THE CURRENT PROJECT
Generation 2.0 RED is looking for a social worker for a shelter for young unaccompanied refugees (12 – 18 years old) in the municipality of Athens.
DUTIES | RESPONSIBILITIES
The social worker is going to be responsible for several aspects of the shelter and its beneficiaries’ lives, such as:
- Responsible for observance of the daily schedule and rules of the shelter
- Responsible for keeping each beneficiaries’ program and accompanying them, when needed
- Participation in every educational or recreational activity, as arranged by the supervisors
- Cooperates with the other staff of the shelter regarding the arising needs
- Participates in the meetings with the supervisors, the other staff and the beneficiaries
- Respects each beneficiary’s identity and personal characteristics and promotes human rights, equality and diversity
KNOWLEDGE | EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor in social, human, educational sciences or other relevant field
- Professional legal qualification, if needed
- A master’s degree will be appreciated
- Experience working with children/adolescents in shelters
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work together with the team
- Excellent use of English and Greek
- Microsoft Office user
- Organizational and problem solving skills
Please send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org with the indication “Job Vacancy – Social” until 17/02/2017. The CVs will be assessed by G2RED regardless your origin, religion, ethnicity or any other characteristics, as always.